Group Therapy and Workshops
In the BIPOC community we are at times taught to “ keep our business at home” Taught to manage our struggles alone or in silence. Struggling in silence is difficult, and can take a toll on our mental health.
Group therapy and workshops are a secure and private space shared with members who can relate to your struggles and concerns. A helpful way to develop a sense of self as you relate, listen, and understand the impact a common issue has on others.
Read more about our upcoming groups and workshops below
” My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together”
The Benefits of Group Therapy and Workshops
Create a sense of community…you are not alone:
- Provides support from multiple people, while helping you feel less alone.
- Have the ability to gain different viewpoints and perspectives.
Help you find your voice:
- Gain practice in speaking and sharing your personal story
- Learn how to communicate in a healthy and effective way
Cost Effective and Time Saving:
- Can be for a set amount of time( 6-10 weeks) weekly or biweekly
- Cheaper than individaul therapy
UPCOMING GROUPS AND WORKSHOPS
Over the years social media has screamed at us about boundaries. But how do we actually set boundaries? How do we put them into action?
At the end of part one of this Workshop/Group series participants will learn the following:
- Develop an understanding of different type of boundaries
- An assessment of their current boundaries
- How to effectively create, share and maintain boundaries
- What to do when boundaries are not respected
Every other Monday starting August 1st-October 10th ( 8/1, 8/15, 8/29, 9/12, 9/26,10/10)
$45 per a session/ $250 if paid in full( $20 discount)
Evi Carrillo, MHC-LP and Candace Cunningham, MHC-LP
Begin Group Therapy in New York with SG Wellness
- Email us today at Info@sgcounselingnyc.com to schedule a free 15 minutes phone consultation.
- Let us know who you will like to work with or allow us to find the best fit for you. Then meet with your skilled and compassionate online therapists.
- Start getting the accessible support you need!
Other Services SG Wellness Offers:
Finding support for your mental health matters. Our therapists in NY are here for you and your needs. At our therapy practice, we have therapists who identify as black therapists, Latinx therapists, Dominican, & BIPOC. It’s our mission to offer multicultural counseling that serves you and your needs. We offer therapy for people of color, therapy for Latinx individuals, indigenous populations, and middle eastern clients, as well as therapy for men and women. If you’re looking for a safe space we are here for you.
Additionally, if you’re looking for another kind of support other than therapy for self-esteem we have more services. Other services we offer include anxiety treatment and therapy for perfectionism, depression treatment, individual therapy, individual relationship therapy. All of our services are offered via online therapy in New York. Areas we serve includes Bedstuy, The Broncs, Queens, and Brooklyn, NY. When you’re ready, let’s work together.